By Sarah Romney
Jargon that will keep you going through the year
- Advertainment: A marketing strategy that combines advertising and entertainment. It is usually unclear to the audience whether the content is media entertainment or product promotion.
- Go live: To release a product or service to the public. This term previously referred only to technology or websites when they were made available, but now can be applied to any product.
- Pivot: To try something different when a current business model or strategy fails. It includes making a change or applying a new strategy in order to more successfully meet the needs of the market.
- Customer journey: An exhaustive list of the experiences a customer will have when interacting with a company. Mapping out the customer journey enables a company to better understand its customers and improve the customer experience.
- Mashup: The combination of multiple resources through the same web platform. This often refers to business applications that integrate in unexpected and useful ways.
Derek Parker, “Top Business Buzzwords of 2019,” In the Black, 11 Apr 2019, https://www.intheblack.com/articles/2019/04/11/business-buzzwords-2019.
Baylor Cherry, “The Ultimate List of Business Buzzwords and Their True Definitions,” Blueleadz, 9 Sept 2019, https://www.bluleadz.com/blog/the-ultimate-list-of-business-buzzwords-and-their-true-definitions.